Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G3 Base Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I haven't had success using a SIM card in the SIM slot. The model in question doesn't recognize the SIM and doesn't do anything. Already have installed all known to man drivers but still it isn't working... I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue or if the model does in fact have the possibility to use a SIM card.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There should be an easy way to tell...

Go to the device manager, and click to expand the Network Adapters device category.

You will see the Intel ethernet (wired network) adapter listed there.

You will see some model wireless network adapter listed there

and if the notebook has a WWAN card, you will see a model WWAN network adapter listed there.

One of these two...

HP lt4120 Qualcomm® Snapdragon X5 LTE Mobile Broadband Module

HP hs3110 HSPA+ Intel® Mobile Broadband Module

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

Along with the sim card, your notebook also has to have the optional mobile broadband wireless radio (WWAN card).

Most notebooks do not come with that option.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer, Paul.

Is there anyway to confirm if this model has or hasn't the WWAN card? Without having to open it... 😛 I've gone through specs and manual but it seems to me that they refer to it generally not refering if this precise model has it...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There should be an easy way to tell...

Go to the device manager, and click to expand the Network Adapters device category.

You will see the Intel ethernet (wired network) adapter listed there.

You will see some model wireless network adapter listed there

and if the notebook has a WWAN card, you will see a model WWAN network adapter listed there.

One of these two...

HP lt4120 Qualcomm® Snapdragon X5 LTE Mobile Broadband Module

HP hs3110 HSPA+ Intel® Mobile Broadband Module

HP Recommended

Well, I was to fast to answer instead of thinking for a bit... Of course there would be a reference to it in Device Manager! Going to check it tomorrow! Thanks for the help, Paul! 😉

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I´m using also a EliteBook 840 Notebook (Product ID W4Q48UC#ABD) that has a SIM card slot. Unfortunately there is no device in my device manager that is related to the WWAN card.

But taking a closer look to the SIM slot it seems that there are contacts inside...

Is it possible that the driver for the SIM card slot is not installed? There are no "unknown devices" listed in the device manager.

Also I tried to install the HP connection manager software, but it tells that it is not compatible to my computer (running Win7 Enterprise).

HP Recommended

Hi, PeterK

I think that the fact that you don't have the WWAN on your device manager means that you problaby don't have that hardware funcionality, without it the SIM card slot doesn't work although it may have contacts inside. I'm guessing it is the default factory hardware setup for that specific model.

HP Recommended

paul sir, with due respect I would like to ask a solution for installing HP it 4120 Qualcomm. As when I was installing the drive it told me that you don't have an LTE module. can you explain this to me? 

HP Recommended

What if there is no WWAN card there.........can we install it on our pc or can we buy it from market please tell?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.