Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-ee1000 (2E2L0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP Envy x360, Win 11, with an AMD Ryzen 7 5000. In the 3 months I’ve had the computer the wifi has been randomly stopping with no discernable pattern. Network drivers are up to date. [Wireless network is via a Realtek device]

It appears to stay connected to Wifi, but Internet is not available and I can’t see any any other of our neighbors’ SSIDs anymore.. When I disconnect from my current network, I  don’t see any Wi-FI networks

What usually helps is the Microsoft Internet Connections app, which I have been running to apply repairs automatically and telling to Troubleshoot my Connection to the Internet. When that doesn’t work I restart my computer, and the internet always works fine.

I want this computer to run WI-FI reliably without me needing to run diagnostics every other day!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to update the Realtek Wi-Fi driver to the latest version HP has available.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp140001-140500/sp140207.exe 

HP Recommended

Hello @Paul_Tikkanen 

(1) To help the community, what is the official name of the wireless device that uses your proposed driver ?

Service manual information:

Realtek ac 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 M.2 2230 PCI-e + USB WW

( Part number: L44796-005 )

Partsurfer: 

WLAN RT 11AC 2X2 +BT5 M.2 2230

(2) And how did you find the latest driver ?

( Of course, I would like to know that, too, in order to learn something )

Thank you

HP Recommended

Thank you, we'll see if it works

HP Recommended

BTW, a friend just suggested mentioning to HP that we got this computer at Costco - i.e., it has a Realtek Wi-FI card.

[which may impact which drivers are correct to update]

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What model Realtek wifi adapter does your notebook have?

Regardless of the model, the driver I gave you is the latest one available and will work on the RTL8822CE AC wifi adapter or the newer RTL8852AE, RTL8852BE AX wifi adapters.

HP Recommended

Hi, @ub6424 

Please see my last reply on this discussion for how I source the latest Wi-Fi drivers.

Solved: Re: Poor WiFi Connection with RTL8822CE on Omen 30L - HP Support Community - 8454483

HP Recommended

Thank you magician @Paul_Tikkanen 

Then let's hope that user @PropagandaDS  now succeeds in updating the wireless driver.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome @ub6424 .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.