Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 360
Windows 8
Everything was working fine and now it won't connect let alone detect any Wi-Fi signals but our phones and Xbox are all still connected. Not sure what to do next
15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

If you have a Realtek wireless adapter, try driver version 2012.12.0325.2014 on:

http://www.driverscape.com/download/realtek-rtl818​8ee-802.11bgn-wi-fi-adapter

Not sure if this will help you, but maybe worth a try. Supposed to be good for Windows 7 or 8.1.

HP Recommended
Nope, sorry 😕
HP Recommended

Actually, you dont want to install drivers from 3rd party sites if you can get them directly from the HP source.

What is the full model number of that x360? It will probably be located inside the battery compartment underneath the case or on the case itself. Do not post the serial number though.

Does the Wifi icon show up ok in the task bar at the bottom of the screen? Its just not showing any available connections?

Ill wait to hear back from you.

HP Recommended

I agree Photo, bt several users, including myself had connectivity issues with the Realtek after the drivers were upgraded. Advice from this forum and the HD didn't resolve the issue. Only rolling back the driver or downloading this driver and turning off auto updated solved the isue.

HP Recommended

I'm finding this problem too...

i've found that if you open device manager, locate the wireless adapter, dissable then re-enable it, it will work properly.

i hope this helps 🙂

HP Recommended

Walshnuc, the OP stated that didnt work. So lets see what the full model number is and see whats available first. Even though you say the third party driver way works, I dont recomend that as the first line of defence. Uninstalling the device then reinstalling may work but I want to know whats available first, thats all.

No worries though, its all good. 😉

HP Recommended

Thanks Photoray, I'm pretty new to this site and had logged in for help after a couple of hours of aggravation and saw a few others had exactly the same issue I did (wifi connection dropping to less than 2 Mbs...temporarily fixed after device reset). I was lucky enough to discover it was an issue with the hp recommended updated driver. I agree, the OP's issues are different. Good luck with your troubleshooting!! It's nice to see there are people out there willing to assist.

HP Recommended

Sorry no access to respond, I ended up doing a factory reset (there was nothing on the computer because it was brand new so nothing to save haha) that fixed it. Had to have been something in the settings that I over looked. Thank you for all your help!!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and fixed it by going into the device manager and enabling the Realtek wifi adaptor.  It's under Network Adaptors.  For some reason it had become disabled. 

wifi enable pic.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.