Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP locks a thread after a certain amount of time, but in response to this and a dozen similar posts.... Envy x360 Wifi Adapter powers off when resuming from Sleep - HP Support Community - 6914976

I have a solution.  There is a suggestion to go into the "Power Managment" tab and unclick "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".  But  the trick is that Windows 10 removed this tab and you need to restore it....

The solution was here... Power management tab is missing in device manager! - Microsoft Community and found by someone on Reddit:

Add PlatformAoAcOverride (0) to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power; same place as the old CsEnabled key.

Press Windows, type "cmd", right click on command prompt and click "run as administrator".  Then copy/paste:

reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0

Then you can go into device manager (Windows key + X), right click on the Wifi adapter and click properties.  Now you'll see the power management tab and can unclick the power saving option.

Hopefully HP support will read this and can give better advice than just telling everyone to update their drivers.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@13243546, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Firstly apologies for all the inconvenience. I'll action this right away without much delay. We will work on this issue together to sort it out.

I believe you have issues with wifi. Please follow the troubleshooting steps by clicking on the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04649175

Note: Update the BIOS  for HP support  website ( take Sure the  charger is connected while updating the BIOS  )

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.