Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @Cicika

Please try these steps - HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Asmita,

I did extensive test, everythingy is OK according to the results. I really think there are DRIVER problems, with video driver (hdmi doesn't work) and bluetooth driver as well. Any further ideas? I didn't have any problems with windows 7, everything worked OK...

Thanx!

HP Recommended

@Cicika

Please try creating a new user account to see if that resolved the issue - 

1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear friend,

no success, HDMI doesn't work, bluetooth doesn't work. I browsed thru the forums a little and it seems I am not the only one with connection issues. Any ideas? I really think that it's the driver problem. Everything worked fine with windows 7.

HP Recommended

@Cicika

Please back-up the data and try re-installing the operating system - 

1. Shutdown the computer. 
2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3. Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4. Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5. Click on Troubleshoot. 
6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery. 
Note : Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The drivers that get installed during Windows 10 upgrade do not support, for example, switchable graphics feature (on older laptops like G72) . HDMI no longer works. As recommended on forums - to fix HDMI you can install AMD_UnifL/Catalyst_16.2.1_UnifL_v1.0.exe drivers like I did.

HP Recommended

Thank you a thousand times! As I suspected - it was a driver problem. I am quite sure there is the same thing with bluetooth, it doesn't connect to device. I am using usb - bluetooth device for now...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.