Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Rechargeable Mouse 700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Spectre Rechargeable Mouse 700. Bought 2 high-end and expensive Spectre  laptops for college-bound daughters. I paid extra for this mouse and it does not work without transponder. This is frustrating as the transponder occupies the only USB port. Girls are mobile and I do not like the idea of the transpond loo er sticking out and getting broken or lost rendering the muse useless and possible damaging the only USB port. HP website says no drivers are available for this device. I tried doing to “more Bluetooth options" and enabling "allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" And it didn’t work. Any other ideas before I return these devices and buy ones the work for half the price?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I figured it out on my own: 

#1. Remove the USB transponder/dongle. 

#2. Under devices, delete "HP Spectre Mouse 700" (this is the mouse previously discovered via the USB dongle/transponder). 

#3. Go to “more Bluetooth options" and enable "allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer". 

#4. Set mouse to 1 of the 3 Bluetooth settings on bottom of mouse. 

#5. Hold the button on the bottom of the mouse until light flashes - it is now in discovery mode. 

#6. Add Bluetooth device in Windows 10. You will see the HP Spectre Mouse 700. Select it. That should be it. 

I have high expectations for this expensive, high end mouse. I also have high expectations of HP, but there is no documentation, no drivers, and no response to several people seeking support on this exact issue. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I figured it out on my own: 

#1. Remove the USB transponder/dongle. 

#2. Under devices, delete "HP Spectre Mouse 700" (this is the mouse previously discovered via the USB dongle/transponder). 

#3. Go to “more Bluetooth options" and enable "allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer". 

#4. Set mouse to 1 of the 3 Bluetooth settings on bottom of mouse. 

#5. Hold the button on the bottom of the mouse until light flashes - it is now in discovery mode. 

#6. Add Bluetooth device in Windows 10. You will see the HP Spectre Mouse 700. Select it. That should be it. 

I have high expectations for this expensive, high end mouse. I also have high expectations of HP, but there is no documentation, no drivers, and no response to several people seeking support on this exact issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.