2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Omen hardware design flaw

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-en0002ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, 

I found a major design flaw in HP Omen and I'd like a thorough investigation and resolution on the same. 

When we connect an Omen laptop to an external monitor "using the mini display port", whenever the laptop goes to sleep, or put to sleep, on waking up the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapters get disconnected. HP replaced the motherboard for me when I reached to them because more issues started coming. Disk check started happening on every start up and then laptop lost all power. 

After motherboard replacement, things seemed better because I did not have monitor connected via display port. But as soon as I connected the display port Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapters started getting disconnected on wake up again. I finally came to understand this root of the issue and have done all tests, driver updates, restorations, and everything. 

Kindly provide a solution to this. 

PS Laptop is 2 months old. 

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,828 93,485 12,286 26,121
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mratyunjay 

I don't know how do you setup your machine. On my Omen machine (which is exactly 3 years old tomorrow - Sep 7, 2021) I've been  using it on external monitor 100% from day 1 with miniDP to HDMI cable. No problem what so ever. My setup

(a) External monitor is MAIN monitor

(b) Wifi card won't sleep when machine goes to sleep mode.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Mratyunjay
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so your model is an old model while I’m talking about the newer Omen laptop model. Could you check with 15-en0002ax please ? That’s the one I own

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation