Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-CK100

Hello I have an issue with my HP omen 17 CK100 to find 6Ghz network.

I have received my Gigahub (Bell wifi6E modem) this morning as I have now a wifi 6E AX211 wifi card but I can't see any 6Ghz network.

My CPU is : Intel 12800HX

I have enabled modem to show different SSID for the different Antenna (2.4/5/6Ghz) and I have also tried to install several different drivers :

- 22.45.1.1 (saw on different forums that it has resolved issue for some people)
- 22.100.0.3 (direclty from HP support page)
- 22.180.0.4 (direclty from HP support page)
- 22.200.0.6 (last intel released driver)- 22.200.1.1 (Cab driver and not officialy released)

So I am kind of lost right now as I still can't succeed to see 6Ghz networks with my wifi card.

Thank you in advance for your help.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi, good morning. I have just installed ax411 6e WiFi card. Same drivers from Intel direct. Instructions were to install BTooth driver first. Router is broadcasting ssd2.4 and 5.0 together then ssd 6ghz separately. In device manager locate network card, click properties, advanced, preferred band and change it to 6ghz. Go back to system settings, network, WiFi, uncheck connect automatically in box for probably 5ghz. Find new network putting in ssd name for 6ghz. Just an aside the recommended card for my ProBook was the ax211, with the drivers being the same I reasoned the ax411 was a good fit, perfect. As already stated the drivers were downloaded from Intel direct, following their instructions. If any of this helps great, my ProBook opens using WiFi 6e at startup. Best wishes Al

HP Recommended

@Al-Dorri wrote:

Hi, good morning. I have just installed ax411 6e WiFi card. Same drivers from Intel direct. Instructions were to install BTooth driver first. Router is broadcasting ssd2.4 and 5.0 together then ssd 6ghz separately. In device manager locate network card, click properties, advanced, preferred band and change it to 6ghz. Go back to system settings, network, WiFi, uncheck connect automatically in box for probably 5ghz. Find new network putting in ssd name for 6ghz. Just an aside the recommended card for my ProBook was the ax211, with the drivers being the same I reasoned the ax411 was a good fit, perfect. As already stated the drivers were downloaded from Intel direct, following their instructions. If any of this helps great, my ProBook opens using WiFi 6e at startup. Best wishes Al

Thank you for your message, I'll try to uninstall both BT and wifi drivers and I will reinstall them in the order you said. Do you have the driver version which is working for you ? 

HP Recommended

Hi, I’m sorry I didn’t make note of the drivers. Just go onto the Intel site and put in the card details. There will only be the drivers you need for your card. In my case there was four drivers but instructions what ones to download. I downloaded the two required and they were in my download file. Again in my case I installed the card, booted up the computer, installed the BT driver first, installed the WiFi driver. All good. I had to go into device manager and changed preferred band to 6ghz, then into system network and WiFi, and unchecked connect automatically to the old WiFi connection. My ProBook now loads with 6ghz. Regards Al. ps if you get stuck ask and I will try to help.

HP Recommended

@Al-Dorri wrote:

Hi, I’m sorry I didn’t make note of the drivers. Just go onto the Intel site and put in the card details. There will only be the drivers you need for your card. In my case there was four drivers but instructions what ones to download. I downloaded the two required and they were in my download file. Again in my case I installed the card, booted up the computer, installed the BT driver first, installed the WiFi driver. All good. I had to go into device manager and changed preferred band to 6ghz, then into system network and WiFi, and unchecked connect automatically to the old WiFi connection. My ProBook now loads with 6ghz. Regards Al. ps if you get stuck ask and I will try to help.

So I tried with the last released driver from intel and it's still not working 😞 

I've followed all the steps you had mention in your messages.

Any other ideas ? 

HP Recommended

Is the ax211 a supported card for your pc, was it already installed or did you acquire it. HP support will show in the maintenance and installation manual, supported cards for WiFi 6e. A supported card will load into the laptop immediately but will show no Internet until the drivers install. The ax411 is for BT 5.3 and WiFi 6e. The ax211 and ax411 are key E cards CNVIo2 slot and are not backwards compatible to CNVio. Other cards are key E, PCIe slot. It’s most important to have the right card. Regards Al.

HP Recommended

Hello again, I looked up your Omen and ax211 is standard for one of the models. Latest driver is 22.200.0 from Intel. If everything is working ok just not showing WiFi 6e it’s either a simple router setting or it’s pc settings or both. I don’t see it being drivers. My upgrade was showing 5ghz and working fine but like you I wanted 6ghz to be broadcasting. Preferred band was changed in device manager to 6ghz, I made sure another setting was showing the ax band. I then went into system settings, network and WiFi, put in find new network, the ssd for 6e and I was done. After a recent win 11 update it showed no internet but it found itself again no problem. If you had a problem with the card or drivers I’m sure nothing would work. As an aside Intel driver won’t update if it sees the same driver already installed. In my case I changed from Realtek to intel and let the install do its thing, I still have the Realtek drivers sitting doing nothing, they don’t harm the computer in any way.

HP Recommended

Hello,  I have tried to install several new different drivers this weekend :

I have also received a new modem as previous one was defective (seral non expected reboot or disconnection).

So I tried again the long list of drivers but still nothing. Even with all your tips Al-Dorry 😞

Any other ideas ? 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have since seen some users with .your isp having the same problem. Some had to contact bell to enable 6ghz. apparantly

they were late rolling it out after declaring it. you may need to get real close to the router also, 6ghz has the shortest range. my router was just going to 5ghz till I set preferred band to six now it loads every time. I'm stumped. Regards Al

HP Recommended

@Al-Dorri wrote:

Hi, I have since seen some users with .your isp having the same problem. Some had to contact bell to enable 6ghz. apparantly

they were late rolling it out after declaring it. you may need to get real close to the router also, 6ghz has the shortest range. my router was just going to 5ghz till I set preferred band to six now it loads every time. I'm stumped. Regards Al

Hey Al-Dorri, 

By any chance do you have the links to those articles ? 

Thank you for the update I'll check this on my side too. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.