Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4152np (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have problem with connection i don`t know how to connect hp pen to my notebook, it is quite frustrating cause i already got one tilt pen earlier and it didint work i thought that it could be problem with device so i have changed it for a new one but it also didn`t work. Next thing which i have done was checking if every software was downloaded and it was correct. But still this pen doesn`t work at all. I don`t know what am i supposed to do cause at the site of hp it says that my notebook supports devices like that.  I have read that it has to have microsoft pen protocol and i don`t know how to check if i got it or not

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fidrox 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

@Fidrox wrote:

Hi I have problem with connection i don`t know how to connect hp pen to my notebook, it is quite frustrating cause i already got one tilt pen earlier and it didin't work i thought that it could be problem with device so i have changed it for a new one but it also didn`t work. Next thing which i have done was checking if every software was downloaded and it was correct. But still this pen doesn`t work at all. I don`t know what am i supposed to do cause at the site of hp it says that my notebook supports devices like that.  I have read that it has to have Microsoft pen protocol and i don`t know how to check if i got it or not

This product Series appears to have been introduced somewhere around 2015 to 2016.

I cannot find any information that confirms your claim that this computer supports an active stylus or pen.

Can you tell us where you found the information that says the system does support a pen?

I believe the computer does not support a stylus pen.

====================

If you wish to do so,

If your computer has a touchscreen,

If an active stylus is not an option on your machine,

Consider a Passive Stylus / Pen

This is not the same thing as an active stylus, of course.

Passive pen works like your finger on the touchscreen.

Passive Pen Stylus – Information

What Is a Capacitive Stylus and How Do They Work?

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4152np (ENERGY STAR) 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Well I don`t really remember where i found it and now i cannot, so probably i wasnt looking at correct notebook and you right. But when i`m looking at the extra accesories on the site of the hp it offers me same pen which i got,  now i`m not sure if it can operate with that pen. 

HP Recommended

@Fidrox 

OK.

I can only report back on what I can find.

I cannot verify what you are seeing, of course.

Some - but not all - Spectre systems came with a pen or do support a pen that can be purchased separately.

I think the this computer, particularly if the computer is indeed as old as the data says it might be, does not support an active pen.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.