Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this computer a couple of years and  this problem has been recurring since then.

I will be connected to my home wi-fi network and i will lose the connection.  When i try to reconnect my wi-fi network does not display (nor any of the other nearby wi-fi networks).  my network icon has a red X.  

I will go to webpages that are cached and still get page not found message.

I have worked with HP and they have taken control of the computer with no resolution.  We are up to date on all drivers. 

I have a Netgear Genie router.

I'm thinking it may be the wireless networking card however I don't know how to test this. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello@PMS1228

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I see that you have the wireless connectivity issue on the printer. 

I would like to help.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.It is a genuine pleasure to work with technically competent customers like you.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

May I know since when are you facing this problem?

Are other devices working fine with the same network?

Please get back to us for further assistance,cheers:)

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I apologize as I did not see your response.

First of all this is happening on my x-360 Spectre, not a printer.  It is when i connect to the internet with my Spectre.

This has been happening ever since I purchased the computer.  After a frustrating several weeks I sent it back to HP who indicated they had done some troubleshooting however the problem continued to occur.  As there was no recourse I continued to use the computer with the same issue.

I have a Microsoft Surface that works fine on the same network. 

I have run a speedtest on both machines and the HP is consistently and significantly slower on both uploads and downloads than the Surface.

HP Recommended

Hi @PMS1228

Please perform the below steps to fix this issue.

Before proceeding with these steps, create a Restore Point.

- Open Control Panel, change view to Small Icons, then select "Recovery".
- After creating a Restore Point, open Device Manager.
- Open the "Network Adapter" list, and find the WiFi adapter.
- Right Click the driver, and select "Disable“ and “Re-Enable”
- Check if Wifi connects. If not, continue with the steps below.
- Open CMD as Admin:  Copy the following commands, and press enter after each one.

-

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh int tcp show global  (Check if All settings have taken effect)

Reboot the system and see if it works.

If the issue persists, follow the steps from this document: http://hp.care/2c86VnP

Keep me posted:)

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.