Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx

BIOS: F.43

I recently purchased the AX200 wireless module (OKN WiFi 6 AX200 on Amazon) as an upgrade from the AC 8265 for my Wifi 6 router. Installation was fine and windows automatically found and updated the driver upon boot for both bluetooth and wifi. Wifi is working perfect. However, I immediately noticed issues getting devices to pair and to getting windows to find the devices. I went to the Intel website and used their Driver & Support Assistant to update the drivers for both. Wifi is now 22.20.0.6 and Bluetooth is now 22.20.0.3. I successfully got my mouse paired but it took probably 20 minutes and it would often pair and disconnect constantly. I have unable to get my headphones to work which I use daily on my phone without issue. Windows will either not find the device or when I can get it to find it, the audio is total chopped and you can't hear anything. It will also not find any other BT devices either. Is it possible I got a bad chip? I have tried reinstalling all drivers, resetting all BT services and setting to automatic in services with no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @thelegend17 

If you can't resolve the issue, I recommend you use the HP AX200 card...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro    HP part # L35282-005.

You can find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number not the model of the wifi card.

The part is on back order on the HP parts store and it is also a lot more expensive.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@thelegend17 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05787871

It has  Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo that means removing wifi card you also removed the BT. Does your new card has BT built-in ?

• If yes you have to use new BT the old one is no longer available
  • If No, you have to buy new BT adapter to install to your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The new AX200 does have bluetooth built in. After installing the new card, windows recognized it and updated the drivers for it so it definitely has it. My mouse sort of works with it but it sometimes is super laggy or it won't connect. 

HP Recommended

@thelegend17 

Actually that is not due to original hardware. Please check

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX200-bluetooth-not-working/td-p/1234952

and try the following solution from Intel (need more hardware):

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Problem-with-Bluetooth-using-Intel-Wi-Fi-6-AX200-AX200NGW/td...

Otherwise you need to buy a Bluetooth adapter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It seems in both of those posts, they were having issues getting Windows to recognize BT which is not the issue I having as I already have my mouse connected to BT, the functionality is just not working fully. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @thelegend17 

If you can't resolve the issue, I recommend you use the HP AX200 card...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro    HP part # L35282-005.

You can find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number not the model of the wifi card.

The part is on back order on the HP parts store and it is also a lot more expensive.

HP Recommended

Is there more than one version of this part number? The first one that comes up on Ebay says 2260 but has the same part number. 

HP Recommended

I searched by the HP part number and sorted by the lowest price.

L35282-005 | eBay

I'd go with the first one listed.  You can see the SPS # is the same...

HP Envy X360 15m-ee0013dx 15.6" Laptop Wifi Wireless Card L35282-005 | eBay

HP Recommended

This worked like a charm. Thank you so much for the assistance. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That's great news!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.