Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook PC 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hello, For a few years my notebook has had network issues. The issues vary- sometimes no networks can be found and when, after restarting several times, it recognises my home Wi-Fi hub by chance, the internet connection turns into a ‘limited’ connection after about 30 minutes or so. I know that my notebook has had a stable connection to my home hub before when I first got it. I don’t know what started the network or connection issues. As a result of not being connected to the internet my Notebook has missed important and general updates for a couple of years. I am worried that in a roundabout way I can’t connect to the internet so I can’t search for or download updates, and not being able to receive updates potentially is preventing me from solving network issues. I have been on HP support on Facebook Messenger for a few days and after guided attempts to run troubleshooting I have eventually been advised to preform a system restore to factory settings which I have done. I am currently able to connect to my home Wi-Fi hub and it says that there is ‘internet access’ but when I open the web browser it says ‘this page can’t be displayed’. I have been running ‘Windows Update - Checking for updates’ for over 60 hours. I am not sure if it can actually find updates if I can’t seem to get online. I am stuck at this point. Thank you very much for any advice you may have -Rebecca
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RebeccaRose1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

• Have you tried updating the system drivers using wired ethernet cable connection? If no, then try to use a wired internet connection.
  • Have you tried using a different browser like internet explorer or google chrome? 

Try resetting the internet settings:

1. Close all open windows and programs.
  2. Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internetoptions.
  3. Select the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
  5. In the box, Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?, select Reset.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.