Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-f211wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have been having a network issue over the past few days where my wifi adapter that is built in my computer has not been working. My Ethernet is working yet my wifi is not. Thjs is very troubling as I need my computer for work and I have no wifi at all. This all started when I got a store exception BSOD and then when it restarted my computer my wifi was gone. I have tried the following.

1.Entering device manager and scanning for new hardware.

2. When I did find the device under hidden devices it was not functioning, so I installed the latest drivers(to my knowledge) yet it did not work.

3. I opened the properties and there was no issue with energy consumption.

Note: There was a status in which it said: (This device cannot find enough free-resources that it can use(Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.)

The adapter I am running is a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Please help it is very important that I have my wifi working ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank god, after the 14 hours of me trying to figure out this problem I had fixed it. I disabled and then re-enabled the adapter it finally worked now thank you for looking at this but I have found the solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank god, after the 14 hours of me trying to figure out this problem I had fixed it. I disabled and then re-enabled the adapter it finally worked now thank you for looking at this but I have found the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.