Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am having trouble connecting my printer to my personal hotsport on my phone. I have done this before. If anyone know how, please help me.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @AlClark1996,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with connecting your HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer to the personal hotspot.

We do not support connecting the printer to your personal hotspot as our printers are designed to work with routers only. If you do not have a router, then you can connect your phone to the printer by wireless direct.

You may check the steps in page no. 71 of the user guide from the link: User Guide

You may also check the link: Printing with Wi-Fi Direct

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

HP printers refuse connection to a filtered hotspot/router.  Apple does not allow iPhone hotspot settings to turn off filtering, nor does it allow hotspot settings to allow a specific printer's macaddress through the filter.

Seems that if Brother can design printers that does not refuse a filtered connection, then Hp could also.  And Apple, instead of protecting us from ourselves, should give us hotspot settings.

If anyone has figured a way around all this, I'd like to know.

HP Recommended

This is a problem!

HP Recommended

This is really unbelievable!

I just purchased a HP 3720 Deskjet printer and nowhere on the box or in the documents that were in the box there is a warning that only routers can be used and no hotspots as mentioned above by a HP employee! The excuse is that it is Apple that are causing this problem.

If was aware of that before I had not purchased the printer as I live in a remote area where only hotspots can be used.

I will report this on Facebook.

HP Recommended

@groenebaret

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.