Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi, I can not turn off the flight mode on the laptop. Pressing the f12 key or the fn and F12 key combinations does not work. Tips that were found on the Internet do not help. Please tell me what to do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@vladi88 

Airplane mode is actually only a method to switch off / on Wireless configuration settings

There is not actually a "disable" function since an Airplane button only has the ability to switch on / off the wireless settings that are configured on the computer.

I did not find an "Airplane" button in the User Guide - Chapter 2 Getting to know your computer.  Having said that, I have never seen your model - I might have missed something in the guide or the documentation may be in error.  ??

Wireless / Airplane button 

For example, if you do not have your wireless configured (for example, SSID, security, IP, WPA password) then Wireless is not going to work in spite of pushing a button for Airplane mode (or tapping on a Wireless key).  Or, if you did have Wireless configured, and something has happened to disrupt the configuration, then an Airplane button cannot fix or "re-establish" the Wireless setup.

I cannot tell you much about Windows 7 Wireless (just too long since I've worked with Windows 7) - I can point you to the information to help you find and (hopefully) fix the problems with the Wireless configuration.

For example...

Troubleshooting >

Resolving Broadband Internet Connection Problems (Windows 7)

and / or

Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)

and

User Guide - Windows 8

Chapter 3 Connecting to a network - starting on Page 14

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP 250 G1 Notebook PC

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.