Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-01-2023 09:35 AM
Hi im setting up Zbook 16 G6 customer wants to keep laptop turned on and connectec to their network, they want to close lid but keep laptop active so they can remote desktop and make application software updates, they want laptop to stay active and powered up when.lid is closed
03-01-2023 07:01 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
To prevent your HP Zbook 15 G6 laptop from shutting down, going to sleep, or entering standby mode when you close the lid, you can change the power settings in Windows:
- Open the Windows Start menu and search for "Control Panel."
- In the Control Panel, click on "Power Options."
- On the left-hand side of the Power Options window, click on "Choose what closing the lid does."
- Under the "When I close the lid" section, select "Do nothing" from the drop-down menu for both "On battery" and "Plugged in."
- Click "Save Changes" to apply the settings.
Alternatively, you can change the power settings in the HP BIOS.
- Restart your laptop and press the F10 key repeatedly to enter the BIOS.
- In the BIOS, navigate to the "Advanced" tab and select "Power Management Options."
- Look for an option called "Lid Switch Action" or similar.
- Select "Do Nothing" from the drop-down menu.
- Save and exit the BIOS.
Once you have made these changes, your HP Zbook 15 G6 laptop should no longer shut down, go to sleep, or enter standby mode when you close the lid.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the
“Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community