09-21-2019 12:17 PM
Hello there, recently, i started to have alot of problems with the WiFi on my laptop, it Just wont show any network connections and wont connect me no matter what i do, i tried to reinstall drivers or update them, and nothing works, i managed to connect it to the WiFi somehow, but after 1 minute of use, it Will Just disconnect me and never connect me again, i also dont seem to find the WiFi adapter in the Device Manager, even if i expanded it or something like this, also F12 key on boot up it Will show White color, but after i get on the login screen, it goes to Red again, please help me with this
09-23-2019 11:56 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Did you make any changes in the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- Do you see red X or exclamation mark on the network icon?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer and run the wireless test,
Wireless Module test:
Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests.
- The Component Tests menu displays.
- Wireless Module Test - This test checks that the BIOS detects the wireless module and that it is enabled.
To run the test, click the Wireless Module, and then click Run once.
- The Wireless Module Test takes 30 seconds to complete.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee