Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 ra-009nia
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm struggling with the wi-fi connection of this laptop (HP 15-ra009nia). I have installed a Windows 7 64bit operating system. I installed all the necessary drivers, downloaded from HP website for this model. For the wifi I installed Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 b/g/n PCIe adapter. However the wifi still remains with a red cross. The LAN connection works perfectly. When i tried to update the driver of the wifi from device manager, manually, through netrtwlane setup information file, a blue screen of death appears, so I need to restore it back. 

Please help!!!

P.S. I tried to install also Windows 10 and with that OS the wifi works perfectly!

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Even though there are W7 drivers for the card, it will not work on W7 unless you mask a couple of contact pins.

See the discussion below, Markk1979's post...

Re: wireless button radio driver - HP Support Community - 6819559

Or you can reinstall W10.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

Even though there are W7 drivers for the card, it will not work on W7 unless you mask a couple of contact pins.

See the discussion below, Markk1979's post...

Re: wireless button radio driver - HP Support Community - 6819559

Or you can reinstall W10.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your quick response. I did not imagine this was a generic issue. 😄 I did not want to stick with Win10 because the cpu usage remained at 100%. This laptop originally had Win8.1 and the wifi driver worked fine. But even with Win8.1 the cpu usage was remaining at 100%. That is why I decided to downgrade to Windows 7 (Win 64 bit SP1) where the cpu seems to work fine. I wanted to try first as a solution the hotfix found in the thread you shared with the Mark (the one with 8 pages that I read all) that seemed to work for some users. Unfortunately that hotfix is not available anymore. So I will try to mask the pins and will let you know if it fixed the issue.

Regards.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Below is the link to the service manual which will help you remove and replace the wifi adapter.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257.pdf

HP Recommended

Hello,

Finally the wifi works perfectly!!! Thank you so much! The pins that I masked are the last 2 after you turn the card upside down. Afterwards I turned on the PC, but the red cross of the wifi was still there. The airplane button at F12 still didn't work, so I used "Win+X" shortcut to show functionalities that I could turn on. There, I could turn on the wifi and that was it. The wifi was activated. I hope it can help other users that struggles with this stupid thing.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance. 

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I don't know if I should start this topic in a new thread, but also the graphics drivers are not working. I tried a solution I found in other threads regarding this topic. The suggestion was to modify a row in the file idglh64 of a intel graphic diver for win10 to make it suitable for Windows 7. That solution works till I install the driver, but when I restart the PC after the installation, a black screen appears after the Windows logo and the PC is stuck there. The hardware ID of my graphic driver is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22B1. I don't know if you have any other suggestions I can try.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Doesn't manually installing the W7 x64 Braswell graphics driver from the zip file at the link below work?

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

HP Recommended

I had tried also this driver before from the zip file. I could execute the setup file without making any change in the igdlh64 file, although in the middle of the installation a window appeared stating "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software". It has 2 options "Don't install this driver" and "Install this driver software anyway". I clicked on the second. In this case, the setup completed successfully and the black screen didn't appear after the installation and the Windows started normally. I thought the driver worked, but when I checked in device manager the icon of the graphics is with a yellow icon. The driver is not installed correctly with the following message:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

HP Recommended

Try manually installing the HP Braswell W7 graphics driver from the HP 250 G4 business class notebook.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72651.exe

You will need to run the executable so it unpacks the driver files to a folder.

Who knows?  You may get lucky and the driver will install automatically.

If not, you will find the folder in C:\SWSetup\sp72651.  Then try manually installing the driver from there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.