Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp officer 6600
iOS

My hp 6600 will not connect to wifi

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Reset Instructions (only if needed)

1. Turn the printer on.
  2. Press the Home button on the left side of the touch panel. Then tap the arrow on the right side.
  3. Touch the Setup button.
  4. Touch the Tools button.
  5. Tap the arrow and scroll down until you find the option Restore Factory Defaults and then touch it

WiFi connect using the control panel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAYh6pb_Si4&ab_channel=VinnelTV

This printer uses only the 2.4ghz band. Click here for users manual.

Full feature software May 2022
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41850/mp-108845-4/Full_Webpack-1323_1-OJ6600_Full_Webpa...

OfficeJet Reference

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

To BeemmerBiker , I tried all those thing but it still doesn’t connect to wifi

HP Recommended

The printer has a display that can list the SSID (name) of the WiFi networks in your area.

Do any show up?

What is the name of your network?   I recommend you log into the modem and chose a different name for the 2.4ghz band.  You can try it yourself or contact your ISP and ask for help.

I have an Arris modem, yours may be different. This tutorial is helpful. The username might be admin and the password should be printed somewhere on the modem. If not, then use that tutorial. Use a different name for the 2.4 or the 5ghz bands. To keep it simple, use the same password and use only numeric digits such as someone's phone number. When in the router, run the app that finds the channel with the least amount of noise for both bands.

BeemerBiker_1-1713735650677.png

Save your settings and reboot the modem.

At the printer look for the name (SSID) of the 2.4ghz band, enter your password and connect.

Get a printer network report.

To print the network configuration page from the printer control panel
From the Home screen, touch (right arrow), and then touch Setup. Touch Reports,
and then touch Network Configuration Page.

The PINs and Passwords should show up. Here is the important stuff from a typical printer report. The password shown in WiFi can be the printers PIN or the modem's password depending on how you connected to the modem.

LANSTATUSIP addressSSIDPassword
WiFienabled192.168.1.15ATT-ARRIS-2 .4GuessAgain
WiFi-directenabled192.168.123.1DIRECT-WHATEVERBadGuess
Wireddisabled   
USBdisabled  

see if you can connect to the 2.4ghz band and get a network report.  If the IP address starts with 169 then the printer is not connected.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.