Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 rose gold model model 14-3127

I bought this laptop a few years ago and it worked brilliantly for a few months until it stopped connecting to wifi. 
I can go in and connect it but it disconnects within seconds. EVERYTIME. 
it’s been sitting in the cupboard going to waste because I took it back to Harvey Norman who took a quick look at it and said they could not help me. It’s a 13-4127TU 
for the price I paid for this piece of junk I’ve decided I better try and get it sorted so I’m able to use it again. 
worst purchase I’ve ever made!!! 
tried a few troubleshooting things but some you need internet for so kind of pointless really. 
thought id post here before taking it somewhere to be looked at but after reading about lots of people having the same issue I’m guessing it’s a manufacturing fault and highly doubt hp will help me now after it being a couple of years old. Gah. 
If anyone has had this issue and managed to have it fixed I’d love to hear from you!! 
thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Joe-Blow1

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I did go through the product information page and I'm afraid, there's no recall program available.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Use Device Manager to uninstall, and then reinstall the wireless adapter.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. In the list of devices, double-click Network adapters.

3. Right-click your wireless device, and then select Uninstall device.

Uninstalling the wireless driver with Device Manager

4. When the Uninstall Device screen displays, select Delete the driver software for this device if it displays, and then click Uninstall.

5. In the Device Manager window, select Network adapters, select Action, and then select Scan for hardware changes.

Selecting Scan for hardware changes

6. After the network adapter name displays, close Device Manager, and then restart the computer.If the issue persists, follow next steps.

Restore the default BIOS settings for your notebook computer.

NOTE: BIOS configurations vary, depending on computer model. For more information about accessing and navigating the BIOS menu, refer to the documentation for your computer model.

1. Restart your computer.

2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu displays.

3. When the BIOS menu displays, press F9 to restore factory default settings.

4. Select Yes, and then press F10 to save changes and exit.

5. Select Yes to confirm.

The computer restarts using the default settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.