Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1511sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a WD MyCould box and a new HP laptop.  I mapped secure folders to file explorer on my old laptop. They are still mapped and working on that device and on two other androd devices.  So, I can conclude that this is an issue only affecting my new laptop. Initially, I did mananage to map the folders to my new laptop but they disappeared.  Today I managed to map one folder but after that the WD box did not appear in the list of network devices, even after restart.  What I want to know is why this is occuring and how to fix it so that I have all folders permanently mapped.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I'm replying to my own post rather than updating the original because I might have resolved the issue (although I'm sure I've been here before and then lost everything).  This was a workround and although it persisited across one restart, I don't know whether it is stable.  I connected by ethernet, mapped the folders as drives and network places then pinned them to Quick Access and the WD box (as root directory) to the start menu for good measure.  I shut down and started again on a WiFi connection.  The pinned folders were present and funcyioning.  I'll update the original post if this solution stops working (which I think it has previously).  In the meantime, I'd still love to know why this device has this problem since the problem does not affect the other devices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.