Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a Probook 650 G1 with latest BIOS below (8-May,2020  ver 01.50 Rev.A)

https://support.hp.com/hk-zh/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-650-g1-notebook-pc/5405400

The original wifi card is too slow and I would like to replace it with a AC wifi (mini pcie)

Is there a whitelist of Wlan card to this model? I find someone said HP removes the whitelist limit to notebook after 2015.

Kindly ask if the latest BIOS in 650 G1 has also removed the whitelist of WLAN card or not.

Thanks for your help

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no whitelist in your notebook, and you can install this model wifi card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find the card on Amazon or eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Below is the link to the service manual...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04823617

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. So it means I can install any type of wifi card as long as it is mini pci-e type.

Am I correct?

HP Recommended

I found some 7260AC card is very cheap on chinese website (US $3 dollar). But they have no SPS code on it.

Is that my 650G1 support these cards? (Since what you have said there is no whitelist limit to 650G1)

O1CN01Ws6XfU1OLbXoeks7X_!!0-rate.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I know the card with the sps number I posted will work.

The card you had most likely will also work, but I can't 100% guarantee it.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I would like to share this with you. Lastly, I got one 7260ac from china website. And 650G1 works with the new card perfectly! But I thought I was stupid because this machine (650G1) has m.2 slot and I should go a step further to wifi 6 (ax).

I think if there is no whitelist to the mini-pcie (7260ac) , there should no whitelist to m.2 wlan.

Correct me if I am wrong

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is correct, but the M.2 slot your notebook has is for a SATA M.2 SSD only, not a wifi card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.