Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 14 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone.

I recently bought this 4G modem to install it to my laptop (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07662KHL1?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image), so when it finally arrived, I installed it on my computer, but I received an error message that the card was not detected so it disabled the device. I have all my drivers updated and I still do not recognize them.
Any idea what I can do?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Chrisromo96 

Where did you buy it ? From its specs, it supports

• HP hs3110 HSPA+ Intel Mobile Broadband Module
  • HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ Gobi 4G Mobile Broadband Module
  • HP lt4211 LTE/EV-DO/HSPA+ Gobi 4G Mobile Broadband Module

And from the following information, your machine is NOT on the list of compatible products:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=704030-001

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Looks like I Will have to return it, and get one of these you're talking about, I really got that one because I saw it has the M.2 port, but maybe there's a lock or software restriction in the UEFI.

From these two: 

• HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ Gobi 4G Mobile Broadband Module
  • HP lt4211 LTE/EV-DO/HSPA+ Gobi 4G Mobile Broadband Module

Which one is better, since I'm trying to look the differences but I dont see too much information?

HP Recommended

@Chrisromo96 

Which one is better ? Good question, it is depending on where you are and who is your provider. WWAN cards have to

(a) Following the RULES on communications of your country.

(b) Who is your provider, does it support the card.

Please check your telco provider first.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

We have 3 main carries in Mexico: Telcel, Movistar and AT&T. From these 3 they all have 4G LTE and they run under the next:

• AT&T

Brand / Frequency for 3G

B2 / 1900 MHz.

B5 / 850 MHz.

B4 / 1700/2100 MHz.

Band / Frequency for 4G

B4 / 1700/2100 MHz.

• Movistar

Brand / Frequency for 3G

B2 / 1900 MHz.

B5 / 850 MHz.

Band / Frequency for 4G

B2 / 1900 MHz.

• Telcel

Brand / Frequency for 3G

B2 / 1900 MHz.

B5 / 850 MHz.

Band / Frequency for 4G

B4 / 1700/2100 MHz.

While surfing on the web, I found this document which shows compatibility but I don't know how updated is this.

I dont have any preference for any of these carriers, I prefer a WWAN card that can be compatible with most providers.

HP Recommended

@Chrisromo96 

As I said above, you need to check with your provider. I used to have a WWAN card in one loan HP tablet which worked in The US with Vodafone ONLY.

Back to Australia, I talked with Vodafone Australia and it rejected.

I had to donate the tablet to charity (but kept the SIM card), they could not use the WWAN card in Australia. After a year or so, I went back to The US with the SIM and the SIM card did not work on my phone. Due to very short stay, I did not bother to ask why, may be ran out of quota or some other reasons.

Hope this gives you some hints.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I was checking with my carrier, according to them they support this card, so well I order it from aliexpress, it suposed to be arriving around a couple of weeks. So I will be writing the results when its on my hands.

HP Recommended

After a long wait time, the card has arrived; so on the firts moment I installed, it was not recognized by the UEFI, so I just restared the UEFI to Factory settings and then worked just fine, I installed the drivers from the support page and the worked just fine, I tried with a couple carriers and worked with all of them. At least with the carriers in Mexico no problems with internet.

Anotación 2019-09-26 182928.pngAnotación 2019-09-26 183024.pngAnotación 2019-09-30 113255.pngAnotación 2019-09-26 183058.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.