Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 14s-fq0443no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • Hi I'm  having a network connection issue with my laptop I have HP Laptop - 14s-fq0443no and it has a  Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac  Adapter WIFI card. it just has been 2 months since I have this laptop the internet speed is very inconsistent and sometimes I have trouble of streaming videos, gaming and loading pages.  the  internet itself is fine when I use  my phone and there is no problem with the router because I tried to contact my ISP about it.  the only problem that I have is that the laptop is inconsistently receiving internet hoping someone can help 

if there is any suggestion feel free to tell 🙂 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to update both the wifi and bluetooth drivers to their latest versions and see if that helps.

Wifi:  2024.0.10.218 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108893.exe

Bluetooth:  1.8.1030.3010 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110200.exe

HP Recommended

My house is 1200 sq ft. I see variations in wifi signal strength depending on what room I'm in. I have purchased materials to install Ethernet in the house. Of late, the network is fine but the Internet keeps dropping and I have to reset the router via Infinity's software. Some problems seem to be bandwidth related owing to public schools going remote.

HP Recommended

I have updated both drivers and still having the same issue. I find it weird somehow that on my phone the speed of the interne is the way it was and if I checked it on my laptop it is lower and tend to drop it took me even a while to download the drivers. any other solutions you can suggest maybe. thank you for helping btw 🙂 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

That model wifi card and the related RTL8822BE are renowned for having constant connection and other related issues.

I don't know why HP continues to use those wifi cards in their notebooks.

HP Recommended

Your phone may be defaulting to its 4G network w/o you knowing. 

Try connecting to your router with a cable and see if there's a difference (mine is 3x wifi).

Then do a speed test via cable vs. wifi.

https://www.speedtest.net/

HP Recommended

my phone is connected to the same wifi connection as my laptop is and both have different speed result on my phone the speed is more than 150 and on my laptop it only gets to 50mbps unfortunately i cant connect my laptop via a cable since it dont have a lan port 

HP Recommended

thank you for helping! but is there by any chance i can chance the wifi adapter to a better one? 

HP Recommended

I just did a speed test at my house in Atlanta.

Via wifi, the download is 30 Mbps. On ethernet, it is over 120 Mbps.

On my tMobile phone, I got 40Mbps via my wifi 5G. I got 4Mbps directly with tMobile's 4Glte

Try connecting to your provider's website and see if they can reset the router from their end. Be careful b/c it may change the network addresses on your wifi.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.