Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-dy1032wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new HP 15-dy1032wm laptop purchased on 10/14/20 came with Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac wireless LAN driver 2024.0.10.214 dated 4/13/20.

The hp driver support page shows the latest RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers are 2024.0.10.214 Rev. S dated June 15, 2020 (SP104142).

When I downloaded and installed this update, it either did not complete or it completed and did not update my rev status, neither date nor rev changed.

This distinction is important because I am getting the following error message while randomly losing wifi connection: "Realtek RTL8821CE ... adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems" as noted by Win 10 Troubleshooter.

So in my experience, SP104142 contains the same drivers that came with my system; but the support website shows a different release date and rev status.

So I am searching to discover what exactly are the correct drivers for my system. I have tried a chat session but it ended with the notion that I had the latest software installed. However, my unprovoked loss of wifi connection and error message persists.

I know there are "current" drivers from Windows update; the Realtek website; and the HP support site. I'm in search of the correct drivers for my system as a starting point to resolve the intermittent loss of internet wifi connection and subsequent error message.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See this discussion.  I recommend that you update to this driver...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Re-Realtek-RTL8821CE-802-11ac-PCle-Ad...

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the quick response. You have provided the answer I was seeking. I apologize for not finding your previous post to a similar issue.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad the driver worked for you.

No need to apologize.

I wouldn't have been able to refer to that discussion if it didn't occur just a couple of days ago.  😊

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.