Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ExHP Pavilion Power 15 Laptop PC * Model numbers: 15-cb000 – 15-cb099ample: Pavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know if there is an upgrade for this Intel Dual Band AC-7265. I'm using Spectrum internet and the speed is 400 Mbps and I am only getting 89 Mbps at the most from this AC-7265 adapter. Is there an upgrade.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am getting over 200 MBPS downloads with my PC's Intel 7265, and I have two of them with the same card.

I pay for the 200 MBPS download option from Spectrum.

If you go to the Windows control panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center, under the View your active networks section, click on the established wifi connection, and you will see the actual speed the wifi card is connecting at.

It should be 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router, and an excellent signal strength.

Something else may be wrong...unless the card is not connected at its rated speed.

But to answer your question, chapter 3 of the service manual indicates the Intel 7265 is the only card available.

If you want to experiment, you could try to upgrade to the Intel AX 200 non-vPro wifi card, which I believe is the fastest one out there since your PC has an Intel processor.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

Be very careful when removing and reattaching the extremely thin and delicate wifi antennas.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493193

This would be the card I recommend you try.

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Network-AX200-NGWG-NV-AX2002230-Retail/dp/B07ZVYKRW9

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am getting over 200 MBPS downloads with my PC's Intel 7265, and I have two of them with the same card.

I pay for the 200 MBPS download option from Spectrum.

If you go to the Windows control panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center, under the View your active networks section, click on the established wifi connection, and you will see the actual speed the wifi card is connecting at.

It should be 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router, and an excellent signal strength.

Something else may be wrong...unless the card is not connected at its rated speed.

But to answer your question, chapter 3 of the service manual indicates the Intel 7265 is the only card available.

If you want to experiment, you could try to upgrade to the Intel AX 200 non-vPro wifi card, which I believe is the fastest one out there since your PC has an Intel processor.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

Be very careful when removing and reattaching the extremely thin and delicate wifi antennas.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493193

This would be the card I recommend you try.

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Network-AX200-NGWG-NV-AX2002230-Retail/dp/B07ZVYKRW9

HP Recommended

Thanks for info. I checked the wifi and it did say 866.7. However what I discovered was I had to disconnect the ethernet and it ran at 490 Mbps. With them both connected I'm guessing because the ethernet 100 Mbps is a slower speed that's the speed range I'll get.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Doesn't that model have a gigabit ethernet adapter?

If it has a gigabit ethernet adapter, it should be labeled as a Reatlek GBe ethernet adapter.

If it has a 100 MBPS ethernet adapter, it will be labled as a Realtek FE ethernet adapter.

Maybe you were connected to the ethernet adapter and not the wifi at the time which was why you were getting the slower speeds?

But that should only have been the case with a 100 MBPS ethernet adapter.

HP Recommended

This is what I've found Reatlek  PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver Date 4/10/2015 Version 9.1.410.2015 MS

HP Recommended

Yes, that is a Realtek gigabit ethernet controller.

Plug it in and do the same thing like you did with the wifi card and see what speed it's connecting at.

Should be 1.0 GB/S.

If not, check to make sure you are using a CAT6 cable from your cable modem to your router and from the router to the PC if you don't have an all in one modem/router.  If you have a combination modem/router, then you would just need the one CAT 6 ethernet cable.

You can also update the driver to the latest one Realtek has on their website.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the W10 driver at the link below...

Version 10.043   Date:  2020/08/28

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit...

HP Recommended

I installed the driver and nothing changed but when I changed the cable my speed hit 488 Mbps.  First step in network trouble shooting is check your cables. Thanks Paul

HP Recommended

Anytime.

That is great news.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.