Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-15-2022 02:15 PM
Hi, my computer hasn't been working properly since October. It makes it hard for me to get my school work given that the only way I can get internet is if I Bluetooth connect my phone to my laptop and use my hotspot. This happened randomly in the middle of October. I have watched countless Youtube videos, seeked help chat rooms, went to geek squad, and asked my friends in IT. All of them have pointed me back to HP. I know this is a common issue and I'm hoping someone will have some answers 🙂
01-24-2022 10:42 AM
Step 1 Network Troubleshooter -
1) In the search box, type and open "Troubleshooter".
2) Click on "Network and Internet".
3) Click on "Internet Connections".
Step 2 Run Network commands -
1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
2) At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
Step 3 Re-install the Network Adapter -
1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
2) In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
3) Right-click on the network adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.
4) Restart the computer.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community