Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 512Gb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the internet speed browsing is extremly slow on my new HP Spectre x360, i have high speed internet at home and the speed test is as it should.

below is the product information - please help

HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 8th gen - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD 

prodID: 2LU96UA#ABA

Operating system Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit).

ME

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i figured it out,

lunch HP support assistant app and download all the available updates and your comupter will fly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I just got my HP SPECTRE X360 13-AC063DX yI can't yesterday and am experiencing the same problem. Tabs take ages to load! I'm thinking of returning mine in a couple of days if I can't get it to speed up. This sucks, as I've sepnt hours loading software and configuring the computer! Also trackpad is too hard!

Unhappy customer.

HP Recommended

@beaty2

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting slow internet browsing issue and touch-pad is too hard. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?
  • Which operating system is installed on the computer?               

Meanwhile 

Updating network drivers

1. Go to the HP Customer Support web page.

If prompted, select your country/region.

2. Enter the model name for your HP or Compaq computer. For example, SR1820NX or m7434n. Click Next.

3. Select Drivers.

4. On the Drivers and Downloads page, select your operating system from the Select your operating system drop-down, and then click Next.

5. Under Step two: Select a download, click the + (plus) sign next to Driver - Network to expand the list of available network drivers.

6. Select the network or modem driver update from the list. For example, Realtek RTL8139 LAN Driver Update.

7. Click the Download button.

8. When the download bar appears at the bottom of your screen, click Save.

9. When the download has completed, click Run.

10. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.

11. Restart your computer, then connect to the Internet. If the computer stops responding or performance becomes poor, disable programs that open automatically with Windows.

Disabling software that opens with Windows

To disable automatically opening software, use the Microsoft System Configuration software (Msconfig) as follows:

1. Search for and open msconfig.

2. On the General tab, click Selective startup, remove the selection next to Load startup Items, and then click OK.

Figure : Selective startup selection in the System Configuration window

Selective startup button in the System Configuration window
  3. Restart your computer, then connect to the Internet. If the computer stops responding or performance becomes poor, contact your Internet Service Provider.

Click here and refer the document for more assistance to fix slow internet issue.

Follow the below steps to fix touchpad issue.

To disable automatically opening software, use the Microsoft System Configuration software (Msconfig) as follows:

1. Search for and open msconfig.

2. On the General tab, click Selective startup, remove the selection next to Load startup Items, and then click OK.

Figure : Selective startup selection in the System Configuration window

Selective startup button in the System Configuration window
  3. Restart your computer, then connect to the Internet. If the computer stops responding or performance becomes poor, contact your Internet Service Provider.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • When did this issue start?
  • SINCE I BOUGHT IT
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?
  • NO
  • Which operating system is installed on the computer?   
  • WINDOWS 10 64

I UPDATED THE NETWORK DRIVER AND THE PROBLEM STILL NOT FIXED

HP Recommended

i reinstalled the network driver and the message below appeared

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

i figured it out,

lunch HP support assistant app and download all the available updates and your comupter will fly.

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your feedback. Downloading the driver helped. Was I supposed to download both the lan and bluetooth driver or just the lan? I only downloaded one of them.

As far as the touchpad is concerned, your feedback did not fix the problem. I still have to push pretty hard on the pad for it to left or right click, which is cumbersome and tiresome. In addition to that, being an editor, I do a lot of copying and pasting and highlighting copy is oftentimes an issue, as it doesn't highlight (I need to do it several times for the copy to be highlighted AND when I right click, the paste icon doesn't show up (only tabs to change font, bold, ital, etc). How can I copy and paste more easily? How can I configure the icons I want to show up when I right click?

To summarize, is there anything I can do to reduce the effort/pressure ion my thumb each time I need to left or right click on the touch pad? Lastly, once I'm finally able to highlight the text I want to copy, the highlight disappears when I right click. This is so frustrating. I'm having to use the 'shift and c' keys to copy the text  (instead of right clicking as usual) and then once I've copied the text that way and I right click to paste the text elsewhere, the drop down menu with the paste icons doesn't show up (just the font, bold ital, etc. menu, but no paste. Please help! If I can solve the touchpad issue, I'll keep it, otherwise I'm sending it back and getting one from another manufacturer.

Appreciate your prompt reply. 

HP Recommended

@beaty2

Thank you for replying to my post on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.