Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-e2000 (2J4V9AV)

Issue connecting to the internet. There is no options for wifi settings. There is no ethernet port on the laptop so can't download any patches/updates.

The error message coming up is "the realtek rtl8821CE 802.11 AC PCIe Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware related problems"

FIXED: Ended up going to the device manager-> Network adapters, and reinstalling the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCOe Adapter.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

. The Realtek RTL8821CE is a highly integrated single-chip that supports 1-stream 802.11ac solutions with Multi-user MIMO (Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) and Wireless LAN (WLAN) PCI Express network interface controller with integrated Bluetooth 5.0 USB interface controller.  

Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WIfi > Manage Known Networks, highlight and remove the network having problems, restart PC to see if it shows up again.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response Johnharper241.

I think I probably wasn't clear enough yesterday when describing my issue. The issue is not that there is an issue with a network, my laptop is no longer finding any wifi networks.

At the moment I can not find any wifi settings on my laptop at all. They have disappeared since the connection issue has started.

Under network and interent settings, the 6 options in that window are; VPN, Mobile hoptspot, Flight mode, Proxy, Dial-up, Advanced Network settings.

Cheers

Jerram9212

HP Recommended

I do not have access to I gerber and can’t download. 
have same issue where the wireless network adapter is experiencing problems. How do I fix this???? 
please help!!! 

HP Recommended

Not access to internet!!! 

HP Recommended

Don’t have internet adapter anymore so no wifi option!! 
please help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.