Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0009na

Hi there

Firstly, I am using another laptop to get in touch as I am unable to connect to the internet on the laptop I have an issue with. The laptop with an issue is a HP Envy x360 which I've had for about 3 or 4 years.

I was using it this morning and browsing the web as I normally do, without any issues. I received a popup to restart the laptop to apply new updates so I pressed restart and let it do it's thing. However, upon restarting, I went to browse the internet and I discovered that the internet is not working.

It shows that I am connected to the WiFi but when I go to do anything that requires the internet, it simply does not work. I have tried to use my mobile hotspot but even this does not work.

I am able to use the same WiFi on many other devices but just for some reason, after this update, it has stopped working.

Grateful for any advice and please let me know if there is any information I can provide.

Updates installed today for reference:
KB5036620

KB5036893

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @DarkKnight1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like a frustrating issue, but let's try to troubleshoot it step by step. Here are some suggestions you can try.

Restart your router and modem: Sometimes, simply restarting your networking equipment can resolve connectivity issues. Unplug them, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in and wait for them to fully restart.

Update network drivers: Sometimes, updates can mess with drivers. Go to Device Manager, find your network adapter, right-click on it, and select "Update driver." You can also try uninstalling the driver and then restarting your computer, which should prompt Windows to reinstall the driver automatically.

Check for Windows updates: Although you've just updated, sometimes there might be additional updates or fixes that address such issues. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and click on "Check for updates."

Disable and re-enable Wi-Fi: Go to Network and Sharing Center (you can search for it in the Start menu), then click on "Change adapter settings" on the left. Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select "Disable." Wait a few seconds, then right-click again and select "Enable."

Reset TCP/IP stack: Open Command Prompt as an administrator (search for cmd in the Start menu, right-click on Command Prompt, and select "Run as administrator"). Then, type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:

netsh winsock reset 

netsh int ip reset 

ipconfig /release 

ipconfig /renew

Check firewall and antivirus settings: Sometimes, security software can block internet access. Temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus software and see if the issue resolves.

System Restore: If nothing else works, you can try rolling back your system to a previous restore point before the update. Search for "System Restore" in the Start menu, then follow the prompts to choose a restore point.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @DarkKnight1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like a frustrating issue, but let's try to troubleshoot it step by step. Here are some suggestions you can try.

Restart your router and modem: Sometimes, simply restarting your networking equipment can resolve connectivity issues. Unplug them, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in and wait for them to fully restart.

Update network drivers: Sometimes, updates can mess with drivers. Go to Device Manager, find your network adapter, right-click on it, and select "Update driver." You can also try uninstalling the driver and then restarting your computer, which should prompt Windows to reinstall the driver automatically.

Check for Windows updates: Although you've just updated, sometimes there might be additional updates or fixes that address such issues. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and click on "Check for updates."

Disable and re-enable Wi-Fi: Go to Network and Sharing Center (you can search for it in the Start menu), then click on "Change adapter settings" on the left. Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select "Disable." Wait a few seconds, then right-click again and select "Enable."

Reset TCP/IP stack: Open Command Prompt as an administrator (search for cmd in the Start menu, right-click on Command Prompt, and select "Run as administrator"). Then, type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:

netsh winsock reset 

netsh int ip reset 

ipconfig /release 

ipconfig /renew

Check firewall and antivirus settings: Sometimes, security software can block internet access. Temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus software and see if the issue resolves.

System Restore: If nothing else works, you can try rolling back your system to a previous restore point before the update. Search for "System Restore" in the Start menu, then follow the prompts to choose a restore point.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I managed to fix it by using the Reset this PC function and re-installing my OS.

HP Recommended

Hi @DarkKnight1,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.