Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Sometimes when the wifi is turned on the keyboard is working properly but sometimes when the wifi is turned off the keyboard does not work at all and sometimes when the wifi is off its works properly but sometimes when the wifi is on the keyboard does not work at all please give me a solution to fix this error

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Sameer8808 Did you check if the issue occurs on an external keyboard?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

I recommend you attempt the below steps to identify the cause of the failure and resolve it accordingly:

• Try changing the keyboard layout/language and check if it works: Click here for steps.
  • Clean the keyboard with compressed air (blow compressed air in the gaps between keys). This removes some lint and dust. 
  • Shut down the laptop, remove the battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds
  • Replace the battery, restart the notebook,
  • if the issue persists, perform an interactive hardware test on the keyboard using the steps mentioned on this link: Click here (look under "Running Component Tests > Keyboard test").

If the test fails, you can find the part number on the HP Parts Surfer & replace the parts on the HP Parts Store.

Or write back to me for alternate solutions to getting it fixed via HP.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The issue still not resolved all the test are passed tell me another solution

HP Recommended

@Sameer8808 As inquired previously, does an alternate/external keyboard work fine? while the wifi is on? please confirm,

Also, check if it works fine on a new user account.

Keep me posted and good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry but i don't have an external keyboard and also i wouldn't abel to manage an external keyboard. Tell another solution

HP Recommended

@Sameer8808 If the hardware tests pass and yet it doesn't work in windows, this is a software glitch/error, and I suggest you backup all your personal data onto an external storage device and reinstall windows using the steps from this link:click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 for free

HP Recommended

@Sameer8808

Refer this HP document to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 on your computer:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.