Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Great thanks! We've spent hours in looking for a solution.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I installed the below patch,

HP Hotkey Support 6.2.36.1:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79501-80000/sp79765.exe

It worked fine on my HP Elite book, I tried with Junos Pulse Secure, Juniper Network Connect, WiFi kept working!

Thank You.

-jeni

HP Recommended

Works just fine with the 8560, thank you DET-Raphael.

HP Recommended

I am struggling with related functionality.  I have mostly 840 G1 and a single 840 G2.  For both the BIOS (now the latest) has been set to ON for the LAN\WAN Switching and I am pretty sure that all laptops have had no issue under Win 7 running both wired and wireless simultaneously (I know for sure the G1s do).  I built these from scratch and left out much of the HP apps including the G1 HP HotKey Support (thought it's for Keyboards based on its grouping and desc.).  Does not seem to be a hotkey for Win 7, but there is a Wireless Button Driver for Win 10 (under Keyboards etc).  I also have a Windows Service installed on the G2 called "HP LAN/WLAN/WWAN Switching UWP Service" and I am not clear if this came from the Windows 10 upgrade or one of the drivers.

What exactly is hot key support and specifically does this relates to the wireless button above the keyboard?   Release notes only covers the G3, but it does install on a 840 G1 win 7 (it's what's here right now) but need to reboot to see if it does anything.  There is now a newer service pack 79849  but even though this indicates it supersedes 79765 the models are different.  And again, for the G2 on Win 10 there is a "New" Wireless Button Driver (sp77545) but the button seems to work on the G2 with or with out this. 

Any ideas on getting my G1 to respect this functionality would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.