Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15t-dy100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

My HP Notebook can't detect my iphone hotspot after I loaded Windows 11.  I've tried various suggestions from YouTube to no avail.  I don't see a WiFi network adapter under the device manager. Is that the issue?  If so, I tried to download a WiFi driver and I can't located it on my computer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DMV_95,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If your HP Notebook laptop is unable to detect your iPhone hotspot in Windows 11, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check if your iPhone hotspot is turned on: Make sure your iPhone's hotspot feature is turned on and that your laptop is within range.
  • Check your laptop's Wi-Fi settings: Make sure that your laptop's Wi-Fi is turned on and that it is not in airplane mode.
  • Reset network settings: Resetting the network settings on your laptop may help resolve the issue. To do this, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset.
  • Restart both devices: Restarting your laptop and iPhone may also help resolve the issue.
  • Update network adapter driver: Updating the network adapter driver on your laptop may help resolve the issue. You can go to the HP website and search for the latest driver for your network adapter.
  • Update Windows 11: Make sure that your laptop is running the latest version of Windows 11, as updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve issues.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.