Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream - 11-ak0035nr

Can someone help my laptop won’t connect to wifi it say “ windows could not find a driver for your network adapter”

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Tyy4 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

(1) Install/Update

RTL8821CE Driver

(2) Reboot and test again ...

(3) Please report your results

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Tyy4 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

(1) Install/Update

RTL8821CE Driver

(2) Reboot and test again ...

(3) Please report your results

HP Recommended

How do I install it through the laptop if if my laptop don’t connect to wifi 

HP Recommended

(1) Connect [HP Steam 11-Ak0035nr notebook] to your internet router using a LAN cable or

(2) Use another computer to download the driver file, save it to a <USB flash drive> and install the driver on your [HP Steam 11-Ak0035nr notebook] ...

Please report your results

HP Recommended

What if I don’t have another laptop 

HP Recommended

@Tyy4 wrote:

What if I don’t have another laptop 

(1) Ask a friend/neighbor/acquaintance who has a computer and a USB flash drive.

or

(2) Use OTG Adapter to connect <USB flash drive> to your smartphone, so you download the driver using your smartphone and save it to USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

Great to hear your wirless card is working

The current system state should be backed up, so I recommend you to create system <restore point>

https://www.howtogeek.com/797227/how-to-create-a-system-restore-point-on-windows-10-or-windows-11/

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.