Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15 - k200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have figured out that WiFi adapter in my system is Broadcom's BCM43142 from system info and product info.

Just yesterday I upgraded its driver using HP Support Assistant 8 and I see the driver version in System Information as:

However, just today when I am looking for drivers on: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-k200-notebook-pc-touch/7630375

I see that the driver available for Broadcom WiFi Adapter BCM 43142 is versioned: 7.35.344.0

I am having problems with my WiFI as it disconnects randomly, and sometimes hangs the system too. Yesterday, it was hanging every time it disconnected. Today, it is not hanging the system every time but disconnecting randomly. I also turned off "Power management" on my WIFi adapter's settings yesterday. It has been better since then.

Please clarify if I should download and install the driver on site or the one mentioned on website is required.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the driver you installed via the support assistant didn't help, you may want to update the driver.

However, there is even a newer one than what you see on the support page...

This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter. 

VERSION: 7.35.351.0 REV: A PASS: 1    EFFECTIVE DATE: October 25, 2016

FIXES:
- Fixes an issue which causes a blue screen event to occur when the system is connected to a certain wireless access point.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the driver you installed via the support assistant didn't help, you may want to update the driver.

However, there is even a newer one than what you see on the support page...

This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter. 

VERSION: 7.35.351.0 REV: A PASS: 1    EFFECTIVE DATE: October 25, 2016

FIXES:
- Fixes an issue which causes a blue screen event to occur when the system is connected to a certain wireless access point.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.