Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4340s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I have a HP ProBook 4340s laptop with the following hardvers  CPU:  Intel Core i5 3230M and GPU: Intel HD4000.
Based on my hardver I should able to use mirror screening with miracast,  but the DxDiag reports showd this: "Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported" and I don't understand why not supported.
Furthermore I haf read on Intel forum that the HD4000 could support the miracast function:
https://communities.intel.com/thread/119996
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25977/eng/ReleaseNotes_153343.4425.pdf
So if I could update my graphichs driver from x.x.x.4229 to x.x.x.4885, than my I could use WiDi.
Could someone help me my screen mirroring problem?
Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@csida007

You also need wireless card which supports Miracast. Your HP ProBook 4340s uses one of the following cards

• Ralink 802.11 b/g/n (1 x 1)
  • Atheros AR9485 802.11 b/g/n (1 x 1)
  • Atheros 802.11 b/g/n (1 x 1) with Bluetooth v4.0 combo
  • Broadcom 802.11 b/g/n (1 x 1) with Bluetooth v4.0 combo
  • Intel 802.11 b/g/n (2 x 2) with Bluetooth v4.0
  • Intel 802.11 a/b/g/n (2 x 2) with Bluetooth v4.0

I don't think they support Miracast.  You can confirm using the following command, look at the last line

netsh wlan show driver

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, you have right, my wireless card is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn WiFi-adapter, so it means that this isn't able the miracast. Could you offer me an appropriate Wifi card, which working with my laptop and able the miracast?

HP Recommended

Hi, @csida007

With W10, your notebook does not support wireless display regardless of the wifi adapter you install.

Here is the link to the hardware requirements for wireless display...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000014932/emerging-technologies.html

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul Tikkanen,

in my first post there is a link to the intel forum and there was mentioned that I could  use miracat, but yes my wireless network card is not appropriate to srceen mirroring. Therefore I would like to know how can I fix it, which type of card suitable to my laptop and able to miracast or could I use an usb wifi card like these: https://www.lifewire.com/top-wi-fi-usb-adapters-2377825   ? 
So what are you think what could be the final solution?
Thank you for your help in advance.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As I posted yesterday, none of the components in your notebook right now can support miracast when you run W10.

Please refer to the Intel wireless display hardware requirements specs link I posted.

The best wifi adapter you can use in your model that would support miracast would be the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235    HP Part # 670292-001

However miracast/wireless display is only going to work if you install W7, W8, or W8.1 with that wifi adapter.

The processor and graphics your notebook comes with will not support wireless display when running W10.

HP Recommended

Hello,
sorry my disappearing, just I was so busy, but in meantime I found a solution, so now there is working the screen mirroring and just the wifi card was changed, the operating system is remained win10.

screen_mirror.jpg

HP Recommended

That is great news.

So much for the Intel specs saying not supported on 3rd gen core platforms.

HP Recommended

Could you please elaborate on your sollution, as I have another computer with similar specs, and since 1709 (and also tested on 1803) Miracast no longer works.
netsh wlan show driver confirm that the WLAN adapter is fine, but that the GFX card driver has an issue.
I do not have the computer here at hand right now, but I believe I am running 10.18.10.4425.

Could you please post a link to the EXACT driver installation you have used to get this working?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.