Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Andinshawn
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My daughters computer can no longer connect to the internet.

HP Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My daughters HP stream 11 can no longer connect to the internet. After troubleshooting It told me that the Realtek RTL8822BE 802. 11 ac PCIe is experiencing a device or hardware issue ( I may be a bit incorrect on what exactly it said but it definately said there was a hardware problem that was "not fixed")

The only options it gave me were to either report the problem or close the troubleshooter.

I am not 100% tech savvy so I am at a loss as to how i can fix this issue.

The laptop doesn't have any sort of ethernet port (after googling the problem, some people mentioned they could still connect through ethernet)  I also have no way purchase any sort of usb ethernet adapter. Her computer is less then a year old and she has already recieved a message informing her that her factory warranty is already up (which is crazy since most places give you atleast a year). 

If you have any information or need anymore information I will be more than happy to provide you with whatever you need.

Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1
Level 20
Level 20
109,567 99,744 15,563 23,907
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My daughters computer can no longer connect to the internet.

Hi:

Regarding the wifi adapter, the only suggestion I can offer would be to update the wifi driver to the latest version and restart the PC.

2024.0.9.103/2024.0.4        Jul 18, 2019

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98489.exe

Download the driver from another working PC, copy it to a USB flash drive, plug the flash drive into the stream notebook, and run the driver.

Regarding the warranty...For whatever reason, HP starts the warranty clock ticking the minute the PC leaves the assembly plant.  So the longer it sits unsold, the more time is gone from the warranty.

There are two ways to resolve that issue...

1.  See if the online warranty dispute process works.  See this link...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516

2.  Call HP customer service and speak with a customer services rep to get the warranty start and end dates corrected.

In Canada, and the United States, the toll free number is...1 (866) 724-8600

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation