Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Laptop 15-db1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Wifi connection is  connected and secure, but I frequently have issues establishing a connection to the internet, especially after putting my computer to sleep, or shutting down. All system checks through Support Assistant pass. I have reinstalled network adapter, performed a system recovery, reset router multiple times. This is a new computer that I have had for a month and have had these issues since day one. Please help!. This is a Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Hp Laptop 15-db1xxx. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What router do you have? What kind of password (wpa/wep/...) has the wifi? Also, do you have an antivirus installed and if yes which one?

Can you try to connect to other wifi (like a mobile hot-spot) and see if it's the same?

HP Recommended

Hi. I have a Google router, wap2 password and I have Windows Defender. I uninstalled McAfee because I read that it might have been causing the issue. Also, something is causing the fan to run really loud sometimes. 

HP Recommended

I have Google Wifi router which I have restarted and reset, wpa2, I have Windows Defender after uninstalling McAfee, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter, I've cleaned the drive, etc, and the problem persists. When it maintains a connection it works well! This is the fourth HP laptop I've purchased in the last 4 months with SSD, and each did the same, so I feel like  there are some settings that need to be adjusted. I returned the others obviously, but this one I love when it functions properly. I've followed all of the VIrtual Assistant recommendations, and none work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.