sweigl
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My new HP laptop (15t-dy200) does not have an ethernet port

HP Recommended
15t-dy200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just realized that my laptop doesn't have an ethernet port - my bad for not realizing this before purchasing. Is there a way to add it, or to use an adapter? I'm not sure if one of the other ports would work with the appropriate adapter, cause I don't know where the network card is connected. Anyone have any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,920 93,577 12,295 26,136
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sweigl 

Many machines now do not have NIC port, specially on thin machines. I'm using a USB 3 NIC hub

https://www.anker.com/ca/products/variant/aluminum-3port-usb-30-and-ethernet-hub/A7514041

And I've got 2 more USB-3 ports. There are many similar with more ports around

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
sweigl
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your input. So the USB port connects to the network card? 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation