Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a  HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab101ax Model #:P3C85PA. The wifi keeps disconnecting. I've updated the wifi adaptor driver but this problem is still present. How can I prevent this from happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hallo,

Please install this BIOS update. It should fix your problem.

BIOS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75199.exe

Please let me know about the result.

Zincas
I am an HP notebook/printer technician.
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hallo,

Please install this BIOS update. It should fix your problem.

BIOS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75199.exe

Please let me know about the result.

Zincas
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. My issue has been resolved. 

Regards 

HP Recommended

Since upgrading to Windows 10  from 7 I have lost wifi connection many times at random moments. My PC is a Pavilion g4. I have attempted to update my Broadcom 802.11n network adaptor but Windows tells me I have the latest version. Please advise what best to do to resolve this problem. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hallo P-L

Normally we would like you to open a new post but if you could provide me our full P/N. So I can see if i can help you out.

Guide on P/N.

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc or open HP Support assistant. 

Zincas
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Zincas,

Thanks for your response. I haven't used the HP Support Forum before so I wasn't sure how best to post up my problem. I did it in 2 ways, one of which you picked up and I also started a new post, titled Random wifi disconnecting. Please use whichever you feel is best. My model number is g4-1213tx and the product number is QG371PA#UUF. I don't know whether further information will help your diagnostics but sometimes the disconnect rights itself within a minute or so, and sometimes it just stays down and I have to reboot to restore it. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I will jump write in your post then 🙂 It easier then.

Zincas
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.