Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1019nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I had to re-install Windows on this laptop because of damages done to the pre-installed OS. When I initially set out to get a clean installation disc or ISO, I first went to Microsoft's website, where I initially was not allowed to download, despite the validity of my product key, due to the fact that the manufacturer (HP) had made the OS custom. Microsoft said I'd need to contact HP to get the required copy. When I went to HP's website, I learned that HP would not provide me any help becuase the warranty expired. Well, I got help. But not from HP. It was from a Microsoft support representative.

So eventually I was able to re-install Windows from a bootable USB drive with ISO (thanks to Microsoft). The only problem is ALL the device drivers are generic with the copy of Windows 7 that I got. That is undoubtedly the reason Microsoft recommends obtaining a copy which is specific to the laptop's make and model. Anyways, as a result, the network adapter is not recongized. I need a driver for the network adapter for HP ENVY Sleekbook 1019-nr but HP, the manufacturer, says there are none when I search the website. The only option would be to try very sketchy websites to try and find the driver for this network card, which has no name, even on the product specifications. It just says 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector). That doesn't tell me the manufacturer or specs of the network adapter.

HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1019nr Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03378689

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings AnnoBonano ,

Welcome to the community forums , Sorry to hear you had problems with your previous OS.

I am glad you managed to reinstall windows despite the generic drivers. I have found a genuine HP website link for you to download the drivers for your desired operating system and I have included the link below.

Click me to visit HP Drivers site!

Should you have any more problems or questions feel free to let me know!

Kind Regards,

Shineyhawkz

IT Technician

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings AnnoBonano ,

Welcome to the community forums , Sorry to hear you had problems with your previous OS.

I am glad you managed to reinstall windows despite the generic drivers. I have found a genuine HP website link for you to download the drivers for your desired operating system and I have included the link below.

Click me to visit HP Drivers site!

Should you have any more problems or questions feel free to let me know!

Kind Regards,

Shineyhawkz

IT Technician

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.