Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2000z-2c00 CTO Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have had my HP 2000 Notebook for 7 years or so and It's always been extremely dependable.  I truly need some help in getting a bluetooth driver for my notebook.  

Does anyone have any ideas.  My product number is C2X94AV.

HP 2000z-2c00 CTO Notebook PC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WIFI Adapter is not a combination wifi/bluetooth adapter.

Your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth hardware.

The easiest thing to do to add bluetooth capability to your PC, would be to purchase an external USB bluetooth adapter.

I use this one on my HP desktop PC.  Works just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi card does your notebook have?

if you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model # of the wireless network adapter (card).

Bluetooth is integrated into the wireless card hardware.

HP Recommended
There is nothing there that says anything about Bluetooth at all.

???
HP Recommended

I need to know the name and model number of the wireless network adapter your notebook has, per the above guidance.

There is no need to be concerned with bluetooth being listed or not.

I can't help you unless you provide the info I requested.

HP Recommended
Ok, there are 3 different items in the specific area you sent me to in the device manager. Should I click and expand each on separately?
HP Recommended

When you click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, there should be at least two different network devices listed.

One will be a Realtek ethernet adapter and one will be some model wireless network adapter...Ralink, Atheros,...I need the model number of the wireless network adapter you see listed there,

HP Recommended
Ok, here's what I see;

1. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/not WIFI Adapter

2. Realtek PCIe FE Family controller

And from 3 - 8 are all WAN Miniport (****) -- it's different things in each of the parentheses.

I await your response. And I truly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

DeezFilmz
HP Recommended
Sorry, my phone added an "ot' up in the 1st adaptor description. It's b/g/n
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WIFI Adapter is not a combination wifi/bluetooth adapter.

Your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth hardware.

The easiest thing to do to add bluetooth capability to your PC, would be to purchase an external USB bluetooth adapter.

I use this one on my HP desktop PC.  Works just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

HP Recommended
Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.