Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP X360 Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought the new HP Spectre x360 with the Intel i7 Core with the Intel Wifi 6 AX 201 a month ago.

Started the laptop this morning and it would not connect to my home network, ran a series of troubleshooting steps but they all came back with no result (reset the network settings, disabled and uninstalled the network adapter's driver and reinstalled from the files on the PC, performed a Windows Reset while keeping my files, ran the hp diagnostic test at boot, says wireless module check passed).

What can I do to fix this issue? 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the feedback, just to clarify, my problem was with the network card, it was connecting and disconnecting in the Device Manager, was not showing any available WiFi networks or to the internet, I have followed through all the troubleshooting steps recommended by you and other HP support members.

UPDATE: I ordered the USB-Ethernet dongle from HP, as soon as I connected it to the laptop and got an Internet Connection, the driver was updated and my the network card was operational once again. Then I disconnected the Ethernet cable and I connected to the my WiFi network.

I guess it was a driver glitch or something, Hope this helps the next HP user that faces this issue.

Thank you all.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@M1sso

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Are you getting any error message or code while connecting to the network?
  • Have you tried connecting to a different wireless network?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the feedback, just to clarify, my problem was with the network card, it was connecting and disconnecting in the Device Manager, was not showing any available WiFi networks or to the internet, I have followed through all the troubleshooting steps recommended by you and other HP support members.

UPDATE: I ordered the USB-Ethernet dongle from HP, as soon as I connected it to the laptop and got an Internet Connection, the driver was updated and my the network card was operational once again. Then I disconnected the Ethernet cable and I connected to the my WiFi network.

I guess it was a driver glitch or something, Hope this helps the next HP user that faces this issue.

Thank you all.

HP Recommended

@M1sso

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.