Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-3230us Entertainment PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a Pavilion dv6-3230us that was just upgraded to Windows 10 64bit from Windows 7. I would now like to upgrade the Intel Centrino Wireless N 1000 (2.4Ghz only) card to a dual band card. It would be nice to have one that would handle at least 450Mbps speed. I have a wifi 6 router if that makes any difference.

Please let me know which card(s) will work.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JeffN9, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

A dual band wireless card has not been tested on this model Notebook by HP. You may upgrade it at your own discretion.

For more info on supported WLAN card and part numbers, refer to page 23 of the service guide.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, thanks for the reply.

Before I saw your reply I decided to order a Intel 7260 dual band 2x2 w/Bluetooth half mini card. I'm hoping that it works, I can send it back if not. With the upgrade to Windows 10 I thought a newer card would have a better chance of working, but of course that was just a guess.

I'll let you know how it works out.

HP Recommended

Sure, do keep us posted 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The 7260 did not work. I received an error message stating the card was incompatible. Apparently it was not on the whitelist. I now have ordered a Hp BCM943224HMS 582564-001 which is listed in the service manual so hopefully it will work.

HP Recommended

The HP Broadcomm card does seem to work with one main exception. It sees and works on my 5ghz wifi extender network (that the laptop didn't see before) but it doesn't see the main 5ghz network. After trying some different settings on my router and the laptop it did see the network at one point but there was an x in the wifi symbol and when I tried to connect it said can't connect to this network. Now it is not seeing this network at all.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

@JeffN99

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After I figured out how to update the Broadcom driver it now sees and works on both of my 5ghz networks. Not sure why it was only seeing one of the networks but all is good now. Thank you for your assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.