Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy TE01-2250xt
Microsoft Windows 11

Brand new computer running windows 11. The wireless connection drops frequently. It is not my network, everything else works fine. When the network stops I can't even open Network & Sharing Center. Also, restarting the computer is very slow. The network card is a Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter. Driver is from 5/21/2021 2024.0.10.223. I've already turned off Windows power management for the adapter. I talked to HP and they are sending me a 32 Gig flash drive to re-image the computer. Do others have experience with this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model wifi card is terrible and many folks have issues with it.

You would probably be better off replacing the card with this model, or using a dual band USB wifi adapter, and just use the wifi card for Bluetooth.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro    HP part # L35282-005

You should be able to find the card on eBay. Search by the part number, not the model of the wifi card.

All Intel cards must be vPro that are installed in consumer class PC's.

There is a newer driver you can try in the remote chance it may improve things...

This package contains the DCHU driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188EE, RTL8723BE, RTL8723DE, RTL8821CE, RTL8822BE, RTL8822CE, RTL8852AE and RTL8852BE wireless LAN Controller in the supported computer models running a supported Windows 10 or Windows 10 Cloud operating system.

2024.0.10.224,  08/12/2021

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp134001-134500/sp134384.exe 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model wifi card is terrible and many folks have issues with it.

You would probably be better off replacing the card with this model, or using a dual band USB wifi adapter, and just use the wifi card for Bluetooth.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro    HP part # L35282-005

You should be able to find the card on eBay. Search by the part number, not the model of the wifi card.

All Intel cards must be vPro that are installed in consumer class PC's.

There is a newer driver you can try in the remote chance it may improve things...

This package contains the DCHU driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188EE, RTL8723BE, RTL8723DE, RTL8821CE, RTL8822BE, RTL8822CE, RTL8852AE and RTL8852BE wireless LAN Controller in the supported computer models running a supported Windows 10 or Windows 10 Cloud operating system.

2024.0.10.224,  08/12/2021

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp134001-134500/sp134384.exe 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I just updated the driver. We'll see what happens. If this is a known issue, why in the world would they continue to use this card?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is a good question for which I don't have an answer.

I have brought the issue up to HP several times, to no avail.

An Intel AX 200 or the newer AX 210 card probably adds $10 to the cost of production if that, and I would have gladly paid it.

It beats having to wrestle with the frequent problems those cards present.

Wait until the adapter completely disappears out of the blue from the device manager.

That is another common issue.

HP Recommended

New driver did not help. Just ordered the L35282-005 you mentioned. Hopefully that'll do it. PITA considering this is a brand new computer.

HP Recommended

Hopefully, the Intel card will give you no problems.

It is also a faster card with BT 5.0.

Just be very careful removing and reattaching the very thin and delicate antenna wires that go to the card.

This video shows how to remove and replace a wifi card in a notebook PC.

The procedure would be similar, except that your PC will have two antenna wires.

Replace the Wireless Module | HP Notebook 15, HP 250 and 255 G7 Notebook PC | HP - YouTube

HP Recommended

Thanks much. I'll post how it works out when I get it. In the meantime I'm using a Tp-Link Archer T4E, not nearly as fast but more reliable.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Looking forward to reading about the results of your PC's wifi card upgrade project.

HP Recommended

Just an update. Since disabling the Realtek adapter there's been no issues with the computer. Waiting on new adapter to arrive.

HP Recommended

New adapter installed. Threw the Realtek in the trash. Thanks again for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.