Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Laptop 11-y0XX

Just upgraded to newest Xfinity router (xFi Advanced Gateway which has support for W/-Fi 6). All of our other devices in the house automatically connected to the new router - which had the same network name as before... but our hp laptop didn’t. And when I open up the network settings... the network isn’t listed. Also - I like other devices - I do not see where I can search for other networks not listed. The list of networks that do show up - are all of our neighbor’s networks... just not ours. Anyone else have this issue or have any ideas on how (or even if) we can get connected to our network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Banhien. I called Comcast directly (again) to ask them how I can set that up (dual broadcast) and the rep told me the likely problem was from needing to get my driver updated. Apparently a common and known issue with the new xFi gateway with WiFi 6... whatever that is. 
Here’s the link to the article the rep sent me:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-wifi-driver

thanks for your help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PIneSt 

What is your 11-y0xx ? Looks like it only supports 2.4GHz networks. Please allow your new router to broadcast DUAL bands and your machine should see the 2.4GHz network to connect.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks Banhien. I called Comcast directly (again) to ask them how I can set that up (dual broadcast) and the rep told me the likely problem was from needing to get my driver updated. Apparently a common and known issue with the new xFi gateway with WiFi 6... whatever that is. 
Here’s the link to the article the rep sent me:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-wifi-driver

thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.