Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15dw-2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New computer, (HP15) HP laptop 15-dw2xxx, no ethernet connector, only wifi, running Win10 Home.  Connected fine to my wifi for internet, but does not see my old computer, also on the wifi "network."  The old computer (Sande-HP-Pav) is an HP Pavillion running Win10 pro, upgraded from Win7.  It's connected by ethernet cable to the router for streaming speed issues.  Sande-HP-PAV sees the new HP15 in its network, but the new computer is entirely blank.

I read I could connect the two computers by making a VPN, but have no idea how to do that.

I'm fairly computer savvy, but this has me stumped.  Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

OOPS!  The rest overnight must have given HP15 time to look around, cuz now it can see the old Sande-HP-PAV computer.  I was able to logon, but cannot see any of my files.

I need to move my files and "stuff" from the old HP-PAV to the new HP15 and was hoping to do so over the network. That won't work if I can't get access to the entire hard drive.  How do I do that?  And should I ask this as a separate post so more ppl can see it?  I'm new to the community. 

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.