cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Sandeleh
Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New computer not finding old computer on wifi "network"

HP Recommended
15dw-2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New computer, (HP15) HP laptop 15-dw2xxx, no ethernet connector, only wifi, running Win10 Home.  Connected fine to my wifi for internet, but does not see my old computer, also on the wifi "network."  The old computer (Sande-HP-Pav) is an HP Pavillion running Win10 pro, upgraded from Win7.  It's connected by ethernet cable to the router for streaming speed issues.  Sande-HP-PAV sees the new HP15 in its network, but the new computer is entirely blank.

I read I could connect the two computers by making a VPN, but have no idea how to do that.

I'm fairly computer savvy, but this has me stumped.  Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
Sandeleh
Author
Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OOPS!  The rest overnight must have given HP15 time to look around, cuz now it can see the old Sande-HP-PAV computer.  I was able to logon, but cannot see any of my files.

I need to move my files and "stuff" from the old HP-PAV to the new HP15 and was hoping to do so over the network. That won't work if I can't get access to the entire hard drive.  How do I do that?  And should I ask this as a separate post so more ppl can see it?  I'm new to the community. 

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation