cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

No Bluetooth toggle or capability on HP Notebook

HP Recommended
HP 14-an012nr Notebook - AMD E2-7110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do have not been able to find the toggle or use Bluetooth on my HP Notebook:   HP 14-an012nr Notebook PC - AMD E2-7110 1.8GHz 4GB 32GB.  There is no Bluetooth toggle and it is not listed in my device manager.  When I try to update the drivers it says they are already on my computer.   When I bought it almost a year ago, various consumer review sites, as well as sites that sold this model, indicated it was Bluetooth ready.   I've tried most of the suggestions I have found online to no avail.  Was the information inaccurate and this device really does not have Bluetooth capabilities?  Does anyone know if there is something I may have missed, or whether there is a way to make Bluetooth operational on this model?  To add one more strange twist, this morning I was playing Spotify on the laptop while in the same room as my PC and it cast the music to the PC speakers!    Is that related to Bluetooth, or is that simply about wireless connectivity?  HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,545 23,208 2,696 9,405
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GreenSangha, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the laptop.  In Chapter 6, Page 36, is a list of the wifi adapters that can be installed in the laptop.  One of them does not have Blutooth capability.  When the specs say Blutooth ready, this means if your wifi adapter supports it, it is available.  In your instance, I don't believe your adapter supports it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

Signature:
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG Z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; MSI GH70 Immerse LED Headset; 3- Corsair QL140 RGB Fans w/Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7855 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you think it is straightforward for a lay-person who is not tech savvy to replace a wifi adaptor?  I am certainly intelligent enough if it is fairly easy to do and does not require much background information about computers.  In other words, I can follow instructions, lol.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Last question:  Can I use a Bluetooth Dongle instead, or do I still need to change the wifi adaptor?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,545 23,208 2,696 9,405
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GreenSangha

I believe that a dongle should work fine.  I have never used one, but I have used USB wifi adapters with great success.

Good luck!

Signature:
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG Z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; MSI GH70 Immerse LED Headset; 3- Corsair QL140 RGB Fans w/Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7855 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation