Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive been reading some similar posts but can't find a solution to mine. I've tried all the troubleshooting options but to no avail. 

My Pavilion 15 notebook has lost all wifi connections with no option to connect to wifi. I'm using ethernet right now but had to relocate my laptop which is not ideal. After the most recent update this problem occurred and the wifi adapter is completely gone from the 'network adapter' in device manager. I've tried resetting the BIOS, and all these other troubleshooting options that won't work. I don't think its the network card itself, I even took that out cleaned it and replaced. Still nothing. 

How can I redownload the wifi network adapter to my computer? seems to be the only thing left to do but can't find a guide for it. 

Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Hidden Devices.png Show Hidden devices?

Copy, Paste and Save in Notepad, as LBB.bat (not a .TXT) and double click to run.
Preferably run as an Administrator.
OR
Copy and use the individual command lines as needed.

Post anything non-personal, but relevant please.

OFF
getmac
netsh lan show interfaces
netsh wlan show interfaces
netsh wlan show drivers

PAUSE
systeminfo
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"
PowerShell -Command "GIP -Detailed"
PowerShell -Command "Test-NetConnection"
PAUSE

Knowing which laptop and then adapter may help.

Results for "Pavillion 15 Notebook" (74)

Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

HP Recommended

it is not listed in my hidden networks either. I've checker there already. 

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Windows 10 OS

64 bit

Does that help? Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.