Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
L9V87PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have got one laptop from my friend but i cannot able to connect this to my wifi...My wifi is 5G and uses 5GHZ speed bandwidth and i can only see wifi with 2.5GHZ speed, cannot see my wifi on this HP Laptop.

My network adapter is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter tried every possible thing to make it connect to my wifi but cannot able to do that. Please help with me and response me ASAP.

Any drivers which you can suggest and if no drivers than why it is not finding 5ghz network connection????

Help me

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is a hardware limitation of the wifi card.

The Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter is a single band wifi card that only works on the 2.4 GHz wireless band.

Anytime you see a wifi N card where the suffix ends in b/g/n, that means it is a single band (2.4 GHz) card only.

Dual band wireless N cards have suffixes that end in a/b/g/n or a/g/n.

HP Recommended
So I have to buy a new laptop which have dual band wireless N cards...how to know that which laptop have That a/b/g/n or a/g/n
HP Recommended

You don't necessarily have to buy a new laptop.

If you are good at taking things apart and putting them back together again, you can replace the current Atheros wifi card with an Intel one of the below models...

If the router you just got is a dual band wireless AC router, you can get this model wifi card.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP part # 710661-001

If the router you got is a dual band wireless N router, you can get this model wifi card.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi + BT4.0 717381-001

Both cards are readily available on eBay or Amazon.  Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the card.

Here is the link to the service manual.  Read the procedure on how to remove and replace the wifi card...starting on page 55 of chapter 6.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04655216

Now, if you decide to take a crack at replacing the wifi card, make sure you go to the device manager and uninstall the Atheros wifi and bluetooth adapter, and check the uninstall drivers box-BEFORE you remove the atheros card and install the Intel one.

Also check the control panel>programs section and uninstall any atheros software that might be installed there.

As far as getting a new notebook, a lot of them now come with dual band AC wifi cards, so you will just have to ask.

Or if you can touch a working display model of one you are interested in, go to the device manager and look at the model wifi card installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.